Friday, November 2, 2007




Day 19
April 15


Today everyone rode in anticipation for the last 2 miles. The sight of Canterbury ahead gave us all great relief. We entered the city and came to the cathedral. We all dismounted our horses and beheld in front of us, the magnificent shrine of St. Thomas a Becket, the scene that we have all been so patiently trying to reach over these past many days. Our footsteps echoed as we entered the cathedral, and not a breath was heard from us. The Parson knelt and blessed himself, truly divinely inspired by the shrine. I looked at the Franklin. This may not be the Taj Mahal, but it will do for a wedding. Caught up in the beauty of it all, he grasped my hand and knelt before me, and asked if I would be his bride. Graciously, with all my ambitious heart, I accepted.

No comments: